Exploring medical cannabis means you are interested in knowing cannabis deeply and want to become an educated cannabis user. Before you start using cannabis products or increase your cannabis dosage, you need to learn as much as you can from reliable resources. It will help if you learn whether medical cannabis is right for you or not. Those suffering from any medical conditions and planning to consume cannabis to get some relief need to ideally work openly with their physician or any other healthcare provider before they start consuming high THC or CBD oil for anxiety and depression, or any other health concern.
Let’s Start With The Basics of Medical Marijuana!
Medical Marijuana or medical cannabis means using marijuana as a physician-prescribed therapy to reduce pain, anxiety, or any other discomfort caused due to a specific medical condition or to reduce the side effects of medical therapies or treatments. Medical marijuana is used for different medical conditions and ailments. These include:
- Vomiting and Nausea
- Chronic Pain
- Appetite issues in chemotherapy and/or AIDS patients
- Eye pressure in Glaucoma Patients
- Gastrointestinal Illness
- Psychological conditions like stress, tension, anxiety, depression, etc.
Several studies have suggested that some chemical compounds in marijuana may benefit patients suffering from Lou Gehrig’s Disease, Alzheimer’s disease, breast cancer, multiple sclerosis (MS), brain cancer, insomnia, and even asthma.
IMPORTANT MEDICAL COMPOUNDS FOUND IN THE CANNABIS PLANT
A cannabis plant contains almost 500 compounds. About 80 of them are used for science and medicine. Out of these 80 compounds, five are frequently used in medicine. These include:
- Tetrahydrocannabinol: Popularly known as THC, it is a chemical compound that produces psychoactive effects. THC has also been a mild pain reliever, sleep inducer, and antioxidant.
- Cannabidiol: Cannabidiol or CBD is one of the primary compounds extracted from medical marijuana. It has been proven to relieve inflammation, anxiety, convulsion, cough, congestion, and nausea. It also inhibits cancer cell growth.
- Cannabinol: Cannabinol or CBN has been found to inhibit the spread of cancer cells.
- β-caryophyllene: A terpene found in most cannabis strains is used to reduce inflammation.
- Cannabigerol: Also known as CBG, it is popularly used to treat glaucoma as it relieves intraocular pressure in the eye.
Recreational marijuana is legal in 18 states, including Washington, Massachusetts, Hawaii, Connecticut, Rhode Island, California, Arizona, and others.
QUICK FACTS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT MEDICAL MARIJUANA
Several statements circulate about medical cannabis, and certain myths surround this substance. Below are some facts about medical marijuana that can help you make informed decisions.
- There’s a possibility that what works for one patient may not work for other. This difference could be due to different weed strains. Also, patients often respond to drugs differently depending on their age, gender, genetics, ethnicity, and other factors.
- Every marijuana strain has a unique balance of cannabinoids and tepenes, some of which have medicinal value. CBD present in a cannabis plant is believed to help prevent muscle spasms and seizures. Cannabigerol Oil or CBG, obtained from the hemp plant, seems to reduce inflammation associated with inflammatory bowel disease and help treat glaucoma, bladder dysfunctions, bacterial infections, and much more.
- Make sure the cannabis products you are using are free of contaminants, as people with weakened or impaired immune systems can be badly affected. Prefer a trusted CBD & CBG product manufacturer like FlowerChild CBD. We produce different hemp products using organic hemp plants free of heavy metals, mildew, and pesticides and all of our products are tested by third party labs.
- Once you have found the ideal cannabis strain with the right concentration of CBD, THC, and other cannabinoids, you will need to experiment on how much to take. We have suggested doses with each cannabis product on our website, But the best is to experiment over a few days to weeks to find the perfect dosage for you or your loved one.
- You can smoke cannabis, drink it in herbal tea form, eat it in edibles, apply it in the form of lotions or salves, and put it under your tongue in the form of a sublingual oil. CBD and CBG are available in many different forms, and you can choose a suitable product as per your liking.
- The effects of smoking or vaporizing cannabis are immediate, but their effects don’t last that long (1-2 hours). However taking cannabis in oil form as an ingestible will take longer to kick in (1 hour or more) but will stay with you for 6-8 hours. If you don’t notice anything after a few drops of CBD oil or drinking cannabis herbal tea, wait at least one hour before taking another dose of it.
- How you store your cannabis can affect its potency. Heat can degrade the potency of tinctures and other cannabis products. It is advised to keep them refrigerated.
Myths about cannabis will keep circulating, but you can’t ignore the benefits of cannabis. Several polls have been conducted indicating that about 83% of Americans favor doctors who should prescribe medical marijuana to patients suffering from severe illnesses. FlowerChild CBD proudly offers high-quality organic hemp products like CBD Cannabis oil, CBG Cannabis salves, CBD and CBG Cannabis herbal tea, CBD Cannabis edibles, CBD and CBG Cannabis flowers, and much more. Visit our website and browse through our products. Read our customer reviews to ensure the quality of our products. We have a long list of happy customers. Shop with us today!