CBD and THC are two well-known cannabinoids. Where CBD is known for its calming and therapeutic effects, THC, on the other hand, is well-known for its psychoactive effects that sometimes cause confusion and feelings of euphoria. While CBD and THC have been in the spotlight for a while now, many lesser-known cannabinoids like CBG and CBN have recently gained interest.
According to the initial studies, the best CBG oil has similar characteristics to CBD oil. Both these cannabinoids have no psychoactive properties. Instead, they offer antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, neuroprotective, and analgesic properties. Let’s find out how CBD and CBG are similar and how they differ.
WHAT IS CBG?
CBG or cannabigerol is found in cannabis and hemp plants. Young hemp plants produce cannabigerolic acid (CBGA), which converts to cannabidiolic acid (CBDA) and tetrahydrocannabinolic acid (THCA) as the plant matures. Though CBG has been known since 1964, it didn’t get much attention. Currently, it is in the preclinical stages, but it has been found to have various therapeutic effects. It has strong pain-relieving properties that some say are more effective than THC. CBG may interact with CB1 and CB2 receptors of the endocannabinoid system, which further influences pain and inflammation. It may also have anticancer, antidepressant, and antibacterial features. CBG is also showing remarkable benefits in helping with anxiety, focus, more energy and enhancing speech in people with autism.
WHAT IS CBD?
CBD or cannabidiol is present in high concentrations in hemp and cannabis plants. Several years of research have confirmed different therapeutic effects it offers like anti-anxiety, anti-nausea, pain-relieving, and sedative qualities. CBD has also been an effective treatment for childhood epilepsy as it is used in FDA-approved drugs. CBD has become the cannabinoid of choice as it not only has therapeutic benefits but also due to its non-psychoactive properties. CBD offers pain relief and other similar benefits without risking cognitive functions in humans.
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CBD & CBG
Though both these compounds have similar therapeutic properties, they are still different in some aspects. For example, both CBD and CBG have different molecular structures. This means they have an entirely different carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen arrangement. The molecular structure difference impacts how the cannabinoids bind with receptors, further impacting bioavailability.
There is a difference in how CBD & CBG stimulate the appetite. CBG encouraged animals in the study to eat 2-times their normal food intake, while CBD encouraged animals to consume less than their normal diet.
The way they activate receptors is also unique. CBG behaves as an antagonist with the 5-HT1A Serotonin receptor, while CBD has strong anti-nausea effects, acting as an agonist.
THERAPEUTIC EFFECTS OF CBG VS. CBD
Though there isn’t a lot of research, preclinical studies on both compounds have offered a little bit of insight into how they may interact with the human body. CBG doesn’t have any psychoactive properties. Instead, it provides therapeutic benefits like:
- Antibiotic properties
- Anticancer properties
- Appetite stimulation
- Potential treatment for MRSA bacterial infections
Interest in this potential cannabinoid (CBG) continues to grow. It is expected that more clinical research studies will be conducted to understand the benefits of CBG better.
CBD has also been found to offer a host of therapeutic benefits, including:
- Improved sleep
- Lowered stress and anxiety
- Neuroprotective properties
- Pain relief
There is always a need to learn more about such products. We keep sharing the results of the latest research carried out on cannabinoids.
TOP-RATED CBD AND CBG PRODUCTS AT FLOWER CHILD CBD
Flower Child CBD is a reputable online store that offers different CBD and CBG products. We provide full-spectrum CBD tinctures, CBD/CBG topicals, CBD pet products, and much more. Below we have discussed top-rated products on our website.
- CBG TOPICAL SALVE 350: Our CBG topical salve is a wonderful product that can be rubbed into sore joints and muscles, scrapes and itchy spots, and applied to cuts and burns/blisters. It can also be used as an antifungal and antibacterial agent containing full-spectrum CBG extract. It is infused with certified organic herbs and essential oils. It has been formulated for maximum healing potential. Our CBG salve has been crafted and extracted with 100% all-natural ingredients.
- CBG AND CBD TATTOO BALM: If you are looking for a premium product for tattoo aftercare, we have CBG and CBD tattoo balm containing Bacitracin Zinc. This specialized balm promotes a faster healing time and keeps your new tattoos moisturized and free from bacteria. You can also use it for scrapes, cuts, blisters, burns, bruises, and other skin conditions. A single container of tattoo balm contains full-spectrum CBD and CBG and other certified organic herbs.
- CBD ROLL-ON WITH CBG: Our roll-on topical contains full-spectrum, alcohol-extracted CBD, and CBG distillate. When it comes in contact with the skin, it may initiate a soothing and cooling sensation that turns into warmth when rubbed in. Several customers who have used it have reported relief from muscle tension, stiffness, and pain & inflammation. Our CBD-CBG roll-on may also help clear congestion.
There are many more products that are gaining immense popularity. For more information on our products, feel free to contact us!