When it comes to health and wellness, CBD has always been a hot topic. But recently, a new cannabinoid named CBG is making a notable impression. Though CBG is not a new cannabinoid, it has never been at the center stage before. Nowadays, it is commonly used in pharmacological studies and making a splash in the cannabis product market. CBG is considered as a “minor cannabinoid with major potential.”
In this blog, we will be discussing CBG, its effects, and how you can use it. We will also share some CBG products available on our website.
What Is Cannabigerol (CBG)?
Cannabigerol (CBG) is an incredible compound with excellent therapeutic potential. It is commonly known as the “mother of all cannabinoids.”
When the cannabis plant matures, a group of enzymes breaks down CBGA (an acidic form of CBG) to produce three main cannabinoids – Tetrahydrocannabinolic Acid (THCA), Cannabidiolic Acid (CBDA) & Cannabichromenic Acid (CBCA).
CBGA fully converts into these three compounds at the end of the season, and any leftover CBGA gets decarboxylated and turns into CBG. It is found in trace quantities compared to other compounds; as a result, CBG-based natural products are not commonly available. You can buy CBG products at FlowerChild.
How Does CBG Work?
CBG interacts with the body’s endocannabinoid system (ECS), which maintains important biological processes such as sleep, mood, memory, appetite, immune responses, and reproduction.
ECS comprises molecules and receptors that are responsible for keeping our body in an optimal condition. There are two cannabinoid receptors as well – CB1, which is found in the nervous system and brain, and CB2 is found in the immune system and other areas.
CBG binds both the receptors, and it is believed to fortify the function of anandamide. This neurotransmitter plays a significant role in enhancing pleasure and motivation, alleviating pain, and regulating appetite and sleep. It doesn’t have any psychotropic effect, which means it will not give you a high.
There are several therapeutic benefits of CBG. It acts as antimicrobial, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and anti-cancer. Let’s discuss some more benefits of CBG.
What Are The Benefits Of CBG?
CBG is gaining continuous attention as research progresses on this compound. There is already so much information on CBG and its benefits, but still, there is a lot to uncover. Given below are some potential benefits of CBG.
- CBG May Improve Sense Of Alertness: CBG is related to the sense of alertness or focus. Several studies have explained that CBG can act as a potential neuroprotectant. CBG helps to support healthy inflammatory function. It may support neurogenesis, which grows new brain cells, resulting in increased focus and attention.
- CBG May Help In Boosting An Appetite: The cannabis plant is potent in the psychoactive compound THC, which has been associated with munchies. CBG is believed to share this appetite-stimulating feature with THC. This may help certain people get a sufficient amount of nutrients into their bodies. If you think that an individual can overindulge himself in junk food after taking CBG, this is not true. There are many cases in which appetite increase proved beneficial, and it did not cause any side effects even in well-satisfied people.
- CBG May Improve Eyesight: There are abundant cannabinoid receptors in eye tissues as a result to which the endocannabinoid system might play an essential role in maintaining eye health. Increased ocular hypertension can reduce the proper blood flow to the optic nerves, affecting the vision. Cannabinoids like CBG may help in regulating intraocular eye pressure, thus improving vision.
- CBG May Help To Manage Emotional Well-Being In Humans: One of the reasons why people turn towards hemp-derived CBD is to manage their emotional well-being. It has been found that CBG is more beneficial to help support a normal stress response over its CBD counterpart. Both CBD and CBG help prevent the GABA neurotransmitter breakdown, resulting in increased concentrations of GABA, which may have relaxation effects and help regulate the stress response. However, CBG also plays a vital role in supporting stress management. It inhibits serotonin uptake, which will, in turn, increase the concentration of this neurotransmitter. It will further stay active in the brain, supporting a good mood.
- CBG May Help To Support A Usual Inflammatory Response: CBG has shown its positive effects on particular inflammatory channels in a study on mice. It was related to the inflammatory response. CBG limits the actions of important inflammatory markers such as IL-1, IL-10, iNOS, and interferon-γ. It was concluded through observations in the study that CBG supported a normal inflammatory response.
- CBG May Support Healthy Metabolic Processes: A study published in 2019 mentions that CBG plays a vital role by affecting fat storage, specifically adipocyte tissues that have a close connection with obesity. A study through computer simulation shows that it really supports healthy metabolic processes. The positive findings also encouraged the scientists to perform this research into animals and humans to substantiate the benefits of CBG on fat metabolism.
- CBG May Help Alleviate Discomfort: One of the common reasons people seek out hemp-based products is to help support comfort. CBG is found to exhibit comfort-inducing effects (analgesic) as compared to THC. It is a much better GABA reuptake inhibitor as compared to THC and CBD.
Do You Really Need To Worry About Getting High With CBG?
Many people have concerns while using any cannabis product that they may feel high. You must know that CBG is non-psychoactive and will not get you high. Different studies have proved that it is one of the non-intoxicating chemicals present in the cannabis plant. It has also been revealed that CBG interacts with the receptors inside your body and produces anti-inflammatory effects. In fact, it works against the intoxicating effects of THC like CBD. It works to neutralize the psychoactive effects of THC, making it a beneficial antipsychotic compound. Therefore, it can be concluded that CBG is a psychoactive compound and doesn’t damage the thinking capability of humans. However, you can experience intense excitement and feelings of happiness/well-being. It also relaxes your mind and muscles. Hence, CBG does not make you high at all.
Buy CBG Products Online at FlowerChild
At FlowerChild, we aim to help people by educating them on the benefits of CBG and removing all myths associated with it. We produce top-of-the-line hemp products that can help you generate positivity, good health, and empowerment. You can buy different CBG products such as CBG Topicals, CBG Tinctures, and CBG Smokables. To know more about our CBG products, feel free to contact us!